Occupational health and safety
Occupational Safety & Health Policy
Mer des Mascareignes Limitee recognises its moral and legal responsibilities under occupational health and safety (OH&S) legislation (Occupational Safety and Health Act No. 28 of 2005) to provide a safe and healthy work environment.
This commitment means that we will:
- provide a safe and healthy workplace and working conditions for all, including employees, contractors, customers and visitors
- provide training to enable all employees to work safely
- comply with all relevant legislation and industry standards
- provide support and assistance to employees
- consult with staff and contractors where relevant to enhance the effectiveness of procedures
- provide adequate resources to aid employees in fulfilling their responsibilities
- conduct investigations into all reported incidents
- conduct regular reviews and evaluations of the health and safety systems in place.
While at work, all employees – irrespective of their position – will:
- take reasonable care to ensure good health and safety procedures are implemented at all times
- identify and support measures to eliminate or minimise unsafe conditions
- assume personal responsibility for their own safety and for those of other work colleagues by always operating in a safe and appropriate manner.